May 28, 2020
Effective immediately, BarnesCare clinics will resume routine audiometric testing. Audiometric testing was temporarily suspended in April to avoid COVID-19 infection risks to workers and our clinical team. “At this time, we believe it is safe to resume testing with the implementation of several precautionary steps to mitigate any risk,” said Steven Schaper, BarnesCare’s executive director. “We will require audiometry patients to wear appropriate personal protective equipment during testing and we will thoroughly wipe down all surfaces in and around the testing booth after each use.”
As a continued measure of protection against transmission of COVID-19, BarnesCare initiated a universal masking policy in early May. That means everyone who enters a BarnesCare clinic must wear a face mask – including patients, visitors, team members, physicians or individuals who enter the building.
As we know, the virus is often spread before individuals begin experiencing symptoms. This policy follows guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and is designed to protect against asymptomatic transmission.
BarnesCare has also implemented the following measures to keep your employees safe:
- Conducting symptom and temperature screen of all employees at the beginning of each work shift
- Conducting symptom and temperature screen of all patients as they enter the clinic
- Practicing safe social distancing at all times
- Limiting persons allowed in patient waiting areas to 10
- Prohibiting all visitors
- Wiping down all high touch areas in waiting areas and registration desk hourly
- Wiping down all treatment rooms, therapy beds and equipment in between patients
If you have any questions about BarnesCare’s safety policies, please call 314.747.5859 or contact us.